WHAT IS CANADA’S EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM?
Until December of 2014, Canada used to process permanent residency applications from skilled workers on a first come first serve basis. But in January 2015 they launched their famous Express Entry system which is basically an online application management system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to manage applications for permanent residency from Skilled workers under the three federal immigration programs namely: Federal Skilled Worker program, Federal Trades Worker program and the Canadian Experience class program, and also for a selected number of Canada’s provincial programs that are linked to Express Entry system, also known as Enhanced PNP programs.
HOW DOES IT WORKS?
In order to create a valid profile in the Express Entry pool, a candidate must meet the eligibility criteria for one of the above mentioned three economics immigration programs. Once a candidate creates their online profile known as Expression of Interest (EOI) their profile will be ranked against other candidates based on a points based system, known as the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS). The highest ranking profiles are then picked up from the pool and sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR via their periodic draws that happen usually every two weeks.
Candidates receiving an ITA are then required to submit their completed PR applications along with the payment of the processing fees within the 90 days deadline failing which, the ITA stands invalid. The federal government’s target is to process completed applications within a maximum of 6 months.
BENEFITS OF GETTING A CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENCY VISA
Here are the top 10 benefits that comes along with a Canadian Permanent Resident visa
- Right to sponsor your family members
- Free world-class education at public schools
- A booming economy with plenty of high paying jobs
- Free access to universal healthcare and medical cover
- Subsidized higher education at top universities in the world
- A multi-cultural society offering a safe & secure environment
- Right to live, work, study or start a business anywhere in Canada
- Protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Eligible for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years and upon meeting certain conditions
- Access to social services and social security benefits offered by Canadian government
- In step one a candidate needs to first meet the basic eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker program (FSWP) and score at least 67 points out of 100 as per the FSWP points calculation, apart from meeting the other eligibility criteria’s for the Federal Skilled Worker program.
Please CLICK HERE to check the points table and to calculate your score under the Federal Skilled Worker program points calculation.
- In step two, candidates who meet the basic eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker program (FSWP) can submit their profiles in the Express Entry pool, where they are ranked amongst the other applicants in the pool and are given a ranking which is known as Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS).
Please CLICK HERE to check the points table and to calculate your Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS).